Episode 027 – In You I Remain
So what’s the main goal of Christianity? What is it that we’re all about? Is it about becoming better and better people? Is it about becoming more and more theologically correct? Is it to get us and everyone we love to heaven?
If you said yes to any of those, I’m going to disagree. But before you bail, or dismiss me as a heretic, let me tell you what I mean.
Show notes will not be a transcript. At least not now. You’ll find a few key bullet points, any scriptures references, as well as any other books or resources referenced.
Get caught up on the Anchor Prayer series
- Part 1 – How Abiding is possible.
- Part 2 – Is memorized prayer the missing key?
- Part 3 – What is the Anchor Prayer?
- Part 4 – I Rest in Faith
- Part 5 – I Walk by Faith
- Part 6 – I Hear in Faith
The Anchor Prayer
Here’s the full text of the Anchor Prayer:
I rest in faith trusting Father.
I walk by faith following Jesus.
I hear in faith obeying Spirit.
In You I remain.
Scriptures & References in this episode
- How to grow spiritually in the middle of a busy, stressful life. — I’m doing another round of these online teachings. 40 minutes of your time. 1 important perspective change and 2 simple practices. Details and registration here: http://live210.com/busy-growth-event
- Writers — Join me for a weekend designed to help you get your project moving. The Writers Advance, coming up soon March 27-29, in Mt. Angel, Oregon. Only 2 spaces remain! Get the details about this amazing weekend here: http://thewritersadvance.com/
Find My Stuff
- The Wisdom of Your Heart: Discovering the God-Given Purpose and Power of Your Emotions.
- Discovering your Authentic Core Values: A Step-by-step Guide
- Untangle Workbook: A guided journaling process for untangling emotions and finding wisdom.