Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 16:21 — 31.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Episode 016 – The Inner Work Imperative
I wrecked my church. I’m not proud of it, and it’s still painful to talk about. But I want to tell you the story because maybe I can change the course of your life. You need to know about the inner work imperative.
Show notes will not be a transcript. At least not now. You’ll find a few key bullet points, any scriptures references, as well as any other books or resources referenced.
- We are made in God’s image. One thing that means is that we are also makers, and like God, we also make things in our image.
- In spite of our conscious intentions, the state of our inner life will shape what we make in the world.
- The Inner Work Imperative:
- 1. What you make will be made in your image.
- 2. The most important thing to focus on is learning how to nurture a healthy inner life.
- 3. The most effective way to impact the quality of what you’re making is to invest in your inner life.
- 4. If you ignore your inner life, your inner life will still shape what you make.
- The Inner Life: The authentic you deep within that contains your story, your sense of identity, your connection to God, and is expressed in your deepest thoughts, your emotional responses, and your intuition.
- Subscribe to my Email List. Get a couple of emails each month with links to my latest blogs and podcast episode, along with other things that will be helpful to your journey. Also, this is the best way to get a notification when the audiobook goes live!
- Subscribe to The Apprenticeship Way on iTunes and all other podcasting apps.
- Find it here on my website–this page that you’re on right now!
- Find a video version on my Youtube Channel.
- Want to bring me to speak to your community about this topic, practical spiritual growth, or emotional discipleship? Check out my speaking page and let’s talk about possibilities.
- Check out the Apprenticeship Lab Member Community. It’s $8/month. You get to participate in a small, private, positive community of people committed to spiritual growth as well as getting access to a growing library of resources for spiritual growth including 30 short videos for daily inspiration to kick off your year, and access to several online courses. This is also just a great way to help support the work I do.
- I don’t have a Patreon or other means for donations, so signing up for a membership is a great way to support my work in an ongoing way.