Episode 023 – It’s Time to Listen to the Survivors of Sexual Abuse
One of the easiest ways to fail to love well is to assume that YOUR experience is canonical and that others have had the same experience you’ve had. We often do this with survivors of trauma. In this episode Mary DeMuth, author and advocate for sexual abuse victims, speaks to the issue of how Christians and Church Leaders often fail the survivors of trauma and how we can do better.
Show notes will not be a transcript. At least not now. You’ll find a few key bullet points, any scriptures references, as well as any other books or resources referenced.
- More from Mary DeMuth
- Get caught up on the Anchor Prayer episodes before I continue the series.
- Reserve your spot my next live teaching, How to Grow Spiritually in the Middle of a Very Busy & Stressful Life. This will be a tight 35-minute teaching that is very practical, plus you’ll get a free PDF of a great Gratitude practice, one of my best book recommendations and more. Info & Sign up Here: http://live210.com/busy-growth-event
Find My Stuff
- The Wisdom of Your Heart: Discovering the God Given Purpose and Power of Your Emotions.
- Discovering your Authentic Core Values: A Step-by-step Guide
- Untangle Workbook: A guided journaling process for untangling emotions and finding wisdom.