Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 24:16 — 45.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Episode 022 – We’ve Gotten God’s Glory Upside Down
I grew up learning a Christian story that the most important thing was God’s glory. We gave God glory by what we believed, how we behaved, and how we talked about God to other people. Good Christians and Good churches would focus on giving God glory above all else. To kick off season 2 of the podcast, I’m going to share with you how I’m learning we may have misunderstood God’s glory.
Show notes will not be a transcript. At least not now. You’ll find a few key bullet points, any scriptures references, as well as any other books or resources referenced.
- Scriptures Cited
- 1 John 4:8 – The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- John 10:30 – The Father and I are one.
- John 1:14 – The Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We observed His glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- Colossians 2:9 – For the entire fullness of God’s nature dwells bodily in Christ.
- Hebrews 1:1-2 – Long ago God spoke to the fathers by the prophets at different times and in different ways. In these last days, He has spoken to us by His Son. God has appointed Him heir of all things and made the universe through Him.
- John 17:3 – This is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and the One You have sent—Jesus Christ.
- 1 John 4:20 – If anyone says, “I love God,” yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For the person who does not love his brother he has seen cannot love the God he has not seen.
- Matthew 22:37 – He said to him, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
- John 13:34 – I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another.
- Matt 5:46 – For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same?
- Luke 10:25-37 – The parable of the Good Samaritan.
- 1 John 3:16 – This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers.
- 1 John 4:16 – And we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
- Jude 1:25 – To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord,[a] be glory, majesty, power, and authority before all time,[b] now and forever. Amen.
- Get caught up on the Anchor Prayer episodes before I continue the series.
- Reserve your spot for the upcoming live teaching, How to Grow Spiritually in the Middle of a Very Busy & Stressful Life. This will be a tight 35-minute teaching that is very practical, plus you’ll get a free PDF of a great Gratitude practice, one of my best book recommendations and more. Coming up on 10/8 and 10.10.
Find My Stuff
- The Wisdom of Your Heart: Discovering the God Given Purpose and Power of Your Emotions.
- Discovering your Authentic Core Values: A Step-by-step Guide
- Untangle Workbook: A guided journaling process for untangling emotions and finding wisdom.
- Subscribe to my Email List.
- Subscribe to The Apprenticeship Way on iTunes and all other podcasting apps.
- Find a video version on my Youtube Channel.