Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 15:01 — 28.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Episode 006 – Your To-Do List Is Numinous
Do you find yourself longing for those big, goose-bumpy, glowy moments of spiritual connection? Those mountain-top experiences are so great. They fill us up, and motivate us, and often leave us feeling connected with God. But you need to know something. If you’re looking for that kind of moment, you may be missing something even more important.
Show notes will not be a transcript. At least not now. You’ll find a few key bullet points, any scriptures references, as well as any other books or resources referenced.
- Compare how you feel about the last “mountain-top moment” you had and your daily to-do list. How do those things feel different to you?
- There’s a lesson for us in the original “mountain-top” experience, found in Luke 9:28-36.
- Peter and the disciples had a transcendent experience. In response, Peter wanted to capture it.
- God’s response was simple: “Listen to my Son.”
- The disciples had become blind to the glory of being with Jesus on a day to day basis.
- Our whole life is God’s temple, and we are never not in God’s presence.
- Over and over scripture tells us that God is with us. Some examples include: Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 41:10, Psalms 23:4, Romans 8:35-39, Matthew 28:19-20 and 1st Corinthians 3:16.
- Isaiah gave the name Immanuel to the coming messiah, and the Gospel writers applied that name to Jesus. It literally means “God with us.”
- Immanuel means God has come among us, in the incarnation. But this can seem like the distant past.
- Immanuel can mean that God is with us, with humanity, for us. But this can feel like an abstraction.
- Immanuel also means God is presently with us, now.
- John 14:20. “In that day you will know that I am in My Father, you are in Me, and I am in you.”
- Knowing that through the Holy Spirit, God is with us at all times, can change the way we see the day-to-day moments of our lives.
- Other Links
- Subscribe to The Apprenticeship Way on iTunes and all other podcasting apps.
- Find it here on my website–this page that you’re on right now!
- Find a video version on my Youtube Channel.
- Subscribe to my Email List.
- Interested in having Marc speak to your group? Start here.
- Check out the Apprenticeship Lab Member Community.