Episode 039 – You Need an Architecture of Grief (Interview with James Prescott)
Twenty Twenty seems to be the car wreck that just keeps going, and the result is that many of us are experiencing more and more pain and grief. How are we to deal with this? Writer James Prescott and I discuss the ways we structure our lives for either avoiding or entering into and processing our grief. You’ve got to do it!
- We all have an “architecture” to our lives. This is the structure of our lives that makes living our lives the way that we do easiest for us. Much of this structure is inherited and unconscious.
- Most of us live with an unconscious architecture that protects us from experiencing our grief. We hide from pain, and try to live our lives in such a way that the pain isn’t visible.
- For a healthy life, where we grow personally and spiritually, we need an architecture of grief, structures in our life that enable us to experience and process our grief without being controlled by it.
You can also watch and share the video version on Youtube.
RESOURCES & OTHER LINKS
- The Writers Advance – A Weekend for Writers to Write – This is the perfect weekend for writers who are serious about getting their project moved forward. This is not a weekend to learn from experts or do networking. This is a weekend where you will write in an inspiring venue, where you’ll have great food, lots of space, and just enough structure and encouragement to get those words out. The next Writers Advance is in April of 2021.
Find My Stuff
- Get The Anchor Prayer: A Prayer and Process for Remaining Grounded in a Chaotic World – This little book is free for you by opting in to my email list.
- Discovering your Authentic Core Values: A Step-by-step Guide
- Untangle Workbook: A guided journaling process for untangling emotions and finding wisdom.
- Untangled Heart Course Online.