[Re-write] Posts that address practical, do-able activities and practices that will help you grow.
- Is your day your property or someone else’s? – The power of a FTF routine and why you need one. (Part 1)
- The FTF Routine that gives me life – An example of my current FTF routine and my reasoning for it. (Part 2)
- The target for a life-changing FTF routine – 3 things to aim for in designing your own FTF routine. (Part 3)
- How to learn about Jesus from Jesus – 6 steps that we can take to build a more engaged connection to Jesus.
- Thinking about Death? You Should Be – The ancient practice of reflecting on your death brings incredible clarity about what matters in your life.
- Why you shouldn’t delete Facebook this year – Facebook can be a tool in your spiritual growth. Here’s how.
- The real purpose for reading the Bible. – Guest post by Keith Ferrin. Do you like reading the Bible?
- How to Journal for Spiritual Growth – A simple template for daily journaling.
- Declare Your Creed In Process – Write out your own creed statement about who Jesus is to you.
- Write Your Own Psalm – Tell God your truth, following the model of the Psalms.
Church & Community
- Can you be Christian without going to church? – Consider the role of a faith community in your life before you decide.
- You need a GOOD Bible. – The one thing that qualifies a Bible as a good one. (How to find a Good Bible, Part 1.)
- Untangling Versions. – The basics of picking a translation of the Bible. (How to find a Good Bible, Part 2.
- The Best Bible for You? – 2 answers to the question, so yo can choose your own. (How to find a Good Bible, Part 3.)
- Maybe you need to ignore the rules in the Bible – One obstacle to reading the Bible well is to think that it’s just a book full of ancient rules. (Jumping the Hurdles, Part 1)
- Is the Bible human or Divine? – Maybe part of the problem is that either/or question. (Jumping the Hurdles, Part 2)
- 2 reasons using the Bible to prove your point is often wrong – Two fundamental ways we read the Bible poorly. (Jumping the Hurdles, Part 3)
- Has familiarity with the Bible left you bored and jaded? – 4 ways to get past your over-familiarity that’s an obstacle to hearing God in the Bible. (Jumping the Hurdles, Part 4)
- New to the Bible? Wandering around confused? – 4 ways to begin your journey of becoming familiar with the Bible. (Jumping the Hurdles, Part 5)
- Why reading the Bible straight though is often a bad idea – The Bible isn’t a book. It’s a library. That changes how we read it. (Jumping the Hurdles, Part 6)
- When the Bible has been used to bash, clobber or hurt you – The highest hurdle is when the Bible has become associated with pain. How can you move forward? (Jumping the Hurdles, Part 7)
The Weekly-ish Seven
(This was a video podcast I experimented with. It’s not currently active, but the content is still helpful, so here you go. There are also 2 videos that came immediately before I started the Weekly Seven.)
- Weekly Video 1 – Dreams, Goals & Steps
- Episode 1 – 3 Steps to be More Present
- Episode 2 – The Last Five Minutes
- Episode 3 – You Snooze, You Lose. (How your morning routine effects your growth.)
- Episode 4 – Make a plan to be a Bible Native
- Episode 5 – Take a Digital Sabbath
- Episode 6 – Turn Your iPhone (or any smartphone) into an Angel
Conversations for Growth
(This was another experiment, using Google Hangouts to record conversations about growth-oriented topics. It’s also currently not an active project, but the conversations were good, so have at them.)