[Re-write] Posts that address your emotions, emotional wellness and the role of emotions in your life of faith.
Series: Emotional Myths You’ve Learned in Church
- 5 Things You Learned About Emotion in Church that Aren’t True – Do you recognize these?
- Myth #1: God’s Not Emotional – It all starts here.
- Myth #2: Emotions Will Lead You Astray – All emotional decisions are wrong, right?
- Myth #3: Emotions Aren’t Spiritual – Jesus is our model, and Jesus was incredibly emotional.
- Myth #4: Emotional Christians are Shallow – Rational? Emotional? Which one is a compliment?
- Myth #5: Ignore Your Emotions & They Will Go Away – Denial doesn’t make things better.
- Emotions Always Tell the Truth – It’s just not always the truth you think.
- No Emotional Growth? No Spiritual Growth – You can’t have one without the other.
- Love, Justice & the Problem of Indifferent Christians – Thoughts on the Justice Conference, and why Christians just don’t do what God wants.
- If you feel like God, You Will Do Justice – The missing link for why Christians don’t care about justice. (Part 2)
- Are you hiding your shame with contempt? – Sharon Mavis writes about how we use contempt as a cover-up.
- Keeping feelings out of your faith can kill you. – Feelings are a vital part of your relationship with God!
- Stop saying “I’m Fine” when it’s not true! – You can either be real or shiny. Not both.
- Who is in charge of your brain? – You are not a victim of your thoughts or emotions.
- 5 Emotional Lessons from a Relational Train Wreck – I’m trying not to waste my disaster. Maybe you share my experience.
- Evict fear by shining a light on it. – Name your fears as the starting point for dealing with them.
- Stop stress by thinking about your stressors – Too much stress? Here’s how you can do something about it.